Library as a learning Resource
Rules & regulations of the library:
- Strict silence and discipline should be maintained in the library and reading room.
- Mobile phones are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Belongings like bags, umbrellas etc., should be kept in the racks provided.
- A student is allowed to keep two books at a time. Each book should be returned within the due date.
- A penal fee of Re.1.00 is levied per day on every book beyond the due date.
- Reference books and latest periodicals are not allowed to be carried out of the library.
- The Identity cards should be produced in the library while borrowing books / magazines / old question papers etc.
- Books lost, damaged in any way shall have to be replaced by the borrower.
- The holder of the borrower’s tickets will be held responsible for the misuse of the card. A sum of Rs.15.00 will be charged for the loss or defacement of the card.
- A book issued may be recalled at any time in case of urgency.
Total Number of Books in the Library : (as on 5.1.2023)
Library – 42595
Book Bank – 11592
Total – 54187
Compact Dictionary : 02 Vols.
Old Question Papers
Minor Research Projects
The library is organized into the following sections:-
- Lending Section
- Newspaper Section
- Book Bank Section
- Internet World
- Periodical Section
- Reading Room
- Reference Section
- Stack Section
- Photocopying Section
The lending section or the counter is located at the main hall in the ground floor of the library. The Books are stacked in this floor and also in the mezzanine. Books can be borrowed for the home reading by both the staff and students of the college. The lending provision is as follows:-
The Reading Hall has a seating capacity for 80 to 90 students. The mezzanine has a seating capacity for 20 to 30 teachers.
To make aware of the current events at local, national and international levels, the library subscribes the following 8 dailies:-
Other than the above newspapers, the library receives some local papers also.
Book Bank Section
In addition to the usual lending facilities, Book Bank section is functioning to help the students with books, which they can keep for one semester. In this section we have 11,582 books which are stacked in the ground floor.
Those students who wish to borrow text books from the book bank section are required to apply in the prescribed forms. The books are issued against service charges, i.e., 10% of the total cost of the books sanctioned. Students are immensely benefited by this scheme.
An Internet Browsing Centre is there in the ground floor. Five PC’s have been provided for this purpose. Staff and students make maximum use of this
The periodical section is located in the ground floor. All the current journals and magazines are displayed along with the back issues. We subscribe for 65 periodicals, both Indian and Foreign. The Bound magazines are kept in the mezzanine.
The reference section has ready reference sources like general dictionaries, subject dictionaries, encyclopedias, yearbooks, handbooks, gazetteers, maps and atlases, etc. Prescribed text books, dictionaries, old question papers of university examinations, competitive examination books, etc. are available for ready reference in the circulation section. The books are issued against the Identity Card and are allowed to be used in the reading room.
All the books are shelved in cupboards with glass doors both in the ground floor and also in the mezzanine. We follow open access system.
The Photocopying (Xerox) section is provided in a separate room near the library. The photocopies can be made against payment (Rs.1.000 per page)
- Partially Automated
- A user friendly, Multi-lingual Software “E-Lib” is being installed
- Online Public Access Catalogue Search (OPAC) facility is provided
- One PC has kept near the counter as an OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) for the benefit of library users.
Facilities & Services provided
- Drinking Water Facility
- Generator Facility
- Power Backup Facility
- Book Reservation
- Circulation Service
- Current Awareness Service
- Text Book and Book Bank Service
- Photocopying Service
- Internet Service
- Inter-library loan
- INFLIBNET Service
We have subscribed to Online access to e- resources through programme entitled “National Library and Information Services infrastructure for Scholarly Content(N-LIST)” funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development under its National Mission on Education through ICT.
- Overnight Lending Service
- Issuing Books to the Departmental Libraries
- Newspaper / Magazine Service
- Previous Question papers of University Examinations
- Syllabus Copy
- News Paper Clipping Service
Employment Information & Career Guidance Service
Notifications regarding employment opportunities and Higher Education are displayed in the Notice Boards.